- Non-flammable ground cover?
- Dead vegetation removed?
- Shrubs green, healthy, spaced?
- Ladder vegetation removed?
- Debris disposal – chip – burn?
- Area wide fuel break?
- Adequate fuel break?
- Adequate water crossings?
- Turn-around area at house?
- Alternate escape route?
- Accessible to fire equipment?
- Turnouts for two-way travel?
- Posted / Visible / Readable?
- Posted at all intersections?
- Fire-resistant roofing?
- Vents & openings screened?
- Roof, Gutters free of debris?
- Decks enclosed or screened?
- Vegetation at power lines cleared?
- Vegetation around LPG tank screened?
- Firewood, Lumber moved away?
Most Important: Maintain the fuel breaks and continue reducing fire hazards.
Be aware that wildfires often begin unnoticed. They spread quickly, igniting brush, trees, and homes. Reduce your risk by preparing now – Before wildfire strikes. Meet with your family to decide what to do and where to go if wildfires threaten your area.