Wildland Urban Interagency Interface
Practice Wildfire Safety – Living With Fire
People start most wildfires…
find out how you can promote and practice wildfire safety.
- Contact your local fire agency for information on fire laws. Make sure that emergency vehicles can get to your home. Clearly mark all driveway entrances and display your name and address.
- Report hazardous conditions that could cause a wildfire.
- Teach children about fire safety. Keep matches out of their reach.
- Post fire emergency telephone numbers.
- Plan several escape routes away from your home – by car and by foot.
- Talk to your neighbors about wildfire safety. Plan on how the neighborhood could work together after a wildfire. Consider how you could help neighbors who have special needs suck as elderly or disabled persons. Make plans to take care of children who may be on their own if parents can’t get home.